Wednesday 22 February 2017

My Bakelite Addiction

A Couple of Cool Finds

I don't know about you but I seem to have a real problem walking past old interesting pieces? I picked these up recently . The first picture is a vintage Brass filigree door plate and handle (no idea how old it is ) it looks rusty in the picture but it is actually brass with a fair amount of Verdigris.


Now I have to admit that I have a bit of a thing for Bakelite. I just like the feel and the look of it, I like the era it comes from the things that are made from it just feel well made Its just cool. 

This is a 1950's Ferranti Clip On Amp meter it is such a cool find it so reminds me of the 50's and the atomic era . Looks to me like a Robotic clamp . Do I use it on a project or add it to the collection.


No comments :

Post a Comment