Friday 16 September 2016

Learning a new skill


Silicone Moulding

Learning a new technique is always great fun and anything that can further my crafting and help with future workshops has got to be advantageous. The brown Egyptian head is a latest car boot find, it's actually carved from a piece of coal. I had purchased the silicone to try and mould my own pieces for workshops. This was quite a large first attempt, but wow how cool did it turn out. The white heads are the reproduction pieces I moulded from plaster of Paris. The detail is great and crisp. Next step - to try a resin head. Watch this space for further experiments.



various views of the silicone 1 part mould.

 Carved coal Egyptian head is the car boot find. The white head is a reproduction using my mould.



Internal detail of mould

No comments :

Post a Comment