Friday 23 February 2018

"Steampunk" I Don't Think So!!!

To Walk A New Path

I am a massive fan of steampunk as you all know, Unfortunately sticking a cog on something doesn't make it Steampunk!!!

The world at the moment seams to me saturated with mass produced, copycat steampunk items. Well that's not for me.

However, I do appreciate the work that goes into making the one of a kind projects, and the skill of the techniques used to make a piece.

I think that's why I started this project, which I think when finished ( if it looks anything like the piece in my minds eye), will be either classed as a Steampunk/Atompunk hybrid.

Check the pictures and make up your own mind.



This will be the base for my piece.


I have completely dismantled the piece I think where possible I am going to use old recycle/upcycled components.


I acquired these recently which "sparked" my imagination.

 I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks for looking
Paul & Art.


No comments :

Post a Comment