Friday 25 August 2017

Powertex Family Resemblance


Mother and Daughter

Hi all, I recently taught a workshop making wading birds from scratch.

Sometime students new to dimensional sculpting have difficulty with proportion and perspective. 
This could be for any combination of reasons.

So, when I made the sample for this workshop I did the project in 2 sizes, hence the mother and daughter.

I think it helped quite a bit. I find visual, tactile guides so much easier than written instructions.

so here they are mother and daughter wading birds.

Made using Basic materials and Powertex bronze fabric hardener.



Thanks for taking the time to have a look.
John & Heather

6 comments :

  1. Very good website you have here but I was wanting to know if
    you knew of any forums that cover the same topics
    talked about in this article? I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get suggestions from other experienced
    people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for the comment you could always try Powertex Addicts or Powertex Addicts UK.

      Delete
  2. Good post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for commenting what would you like to know

      Delete
  3. If you feel you want to contribute to this blog feel free to send me an e-mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always spent my half an hour to read this weblog's articles
    daily along with a mug of coffee.

    ReplyDelete